Friday, November 30, 2012

The End of NaBloPoMo and Friday Mornings

Well, November 30.  Can you believe it?  I can't!  I wasn't sure I would be able to stick with it, but I did.  I posted on here every day this month.  And it feels pretty good to accomplish that goal.  Some days it was just pictures or a short sentence, but it was something every day.  I'm pretty sure I posted more this past month than the whole time I've had the blog. :)  I'll do better in the future.  I'm thinking a realistic goal will be once a week...shall we see how it goes??

Anyways, I've wanted to post about this all month, and things kept coming up.  So, today, I'm going to.  Can I just tell you all how much I love Friday mornings?  Seriously, the best day ever!  I usually work 8a-8p on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, which means I have Wednesdays and Fridays off.  Seriously, such an awesome schedule, right?  Anyways, despite working back to back 12 hour shifts, I can never seem to sleep in past 8:30am on Wednesday mornings and can never fall back to sleep.  Lame!  But Fridays, Fridays are a different story.  I usually wake up about 8am, look at my phone, bask in the glory that is Friday morning, roll over and sleep til about 10:30am.  Seriously, how blessed is that?

I love knowing I don't have to do anything on Fridays.  I can sleep in, lazily find breakfast and just relax.  Today for instance, I played on my phone and watched Netflix on my computer, not even getting out of bed until noon.  Then, once out of bed, I simply relocated to the couch, where I stayed for much of the afternoon.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not totally lazy on my days off.  Wednesdays I usually go grocery shopping, etc.  Friday is my day!  My roommates are at work, the house is quiet, and I can relax.  Sometimes I'll do laundry, but there's always Saturday for that.  So today, I worked on my rec therapy blog (a story for another day) and did a bunch of rec therapy stuff to rekindle my passion for the profession (because work this week kind of killed it).

So there you have it.  My absolute love of lazy Friday mornings, that quickly become lazy afternoons and evenings.  Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment