Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hobbies

So I've had a few different people tell me lately that I need a good hobby, to which I (somewhat) jokingly respond that work is my hobby... Seriously, guys, I love my job!  The patients are fun, the staff is awesome and I love the freedom I get to do whatever interventions I think would be best for that day.  It's seriously awesome.  So work is more fun than it is work for me.  But... I only work 3 days a week.  So what do I do the rest of the week??  Good question... sometimes I can't really figure out where the time goes.  I mean, obviously the laundry gets done and the house cleaned and groceries bought, but beyond that?  Netflix.  Lunch dates with friends.  Playing with the niece and nephew.

Recently I've made an effort to be more conscious of how I'm spending my time. I've tried reading, baking, cross stitching, card making and piano playing.  I am also going to look into fixing up my old viola and trying to play that again.  I'm just not sure I've found it... you know, that one hobby that's made for me.  So, blogger friends, I am looking for your suggestions.  What hobbies should I try next?  How do you spend your days off?

1 comment:

  1. Reading YA lit. It's horribly addictive - I just finished five books in four days, and totally neglected my family and my health doing it.

    So reading. That's my idea :)

    ReplyDelete