Thursday, November 15, 2012

Halfway and the day I didn't have my computer

November 15!  Wahoo - we've made it halfway through NaBloPoMo and I've posted every day!  Some of the posts haven't been super exciting, but each one has been written the day it was posted about something that I was thinking about or doing that day.  Which, I must admit, is kinda cool.  Here's to the next 15 days...and hopefully a stronger resolution to post regularly even after NaBloPoMo is over.

Today I realized just how much I use my computer at work...because I couldn't.  The IT guys are doing something about something and somehow migrating stuff over and it's somehow related to something corporate is doing....and I clearly don't understand all that technical stuff.  But I got in to work today and had a big sign no my computer screen that said "DO NOT LOG ON!"  Okay, I thought, I can handle this.  I just won't use my email, which isn't that big of a deal because no one emails me anyways.  But then I realized I couldn't print out the midnight census, and get the update on how the patients were doing...and I was going to have to wait for meeting to get that.  No biggie, I thought.  Then I realized I couldn't see if we had admits over night, so I didn't know who to get assessments ready for or notes prepped for.  Well, that can just wait til after meeting too, I decided.

So I prep the notes I had for the patients I knew about, and planned my activities for the day and went to meeting, where I got the old school version of the census.  Groups proceeded as normal, and I did the assessments, and filing.  I finished SO early!  So then I helped my supervisor with some things, and filed a few more documents, and still had about 45 minutes before my evening groups.

Usually, I like this time because I can work on finding and creating new interventions, or putting together the shopping list, or working on the history pages, or any number of projects...all of which require the use of my computer!!  Bummer! Don't worry though, I did find something to do, and looked through a coworker's binder of activities in hopes of finding new ideas.  But, I realized, I do use my computer a lot for my job, and I'm excited to have it back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment