Friday, November 2, 2012

The Mouse



So, for today's post I thought I would share the following story of our pet mouse.

I came home from work on Sunday evening and my roommate Allie told me she had some bad news.  I was a little surprised and very curious.  But, I was in a very good mood and said, okay, well, what is it?  She kept darting her eyes back to the wood burning stove/TV area and I wondered what had happened.  But, Allie, knowing me all too well, told me to sit down.  As I sit on the couch, she proceeds to give me a play by  play of the afternoon.  Then, she says that as she and Rachel were sitting in the living room, they saw a mouse run by.  That definitely caught my attention!  A MOUSE?!?!?!

Blogger friends, let me tell you a not-so-secret secret about me- I don't like mice or other creepy little things!  I had my phone out and ready to send our landlord an email, asking what we were going to do about this little development and when.  Luckily, Allie managed to stay calm and told me that she and Rach had covered the hole in the fireplace where the mouse came from, and we should be okay.  Okay as in, sure, I guess, but remind me never to sit on the living room floor again!  Luckily Rachel is a little lot calmer and levelheaded than both Allie and me, and she sent a very calm email to the landlord.  She also went out and bought mousetraps the next day, which we set Monday night.

Fast forward to Tuesday night.  I get off work early (the benefit of working Sunday this week!) and come home to find this:

Our now dead mouse

Yep, that's right, I come home to find a dead mouse.  Just lying there with it's eye open and everything.  Being the mouse hater that I am, I avoided that corner of the living room all night...right up until Allie got home and bravely disposed of the little creature.  And we set another mouse trap (this time with paper underneath--we don't want mouse brains all over the floor!) and as of this evening, have been mouse free.

Let's just hope it stays that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment