Tuesday, November 5, 2013

the WISC



I feel like I should do some kind of funny post... or meaningful post... or anything really.  But the truth of the matter is that I'm a grad student, and my life pretty much revolves around school, grading, lots and lots of articles, thesis work, presentations, meetings, etc.  This week my focus has been on the WISC-IV.


The WISC-IV an IQ test for kids ages 6-16.  In one of our classes this semester we have to get certified to administer this (as well as the WAIS- the adult version).  Since my kiddo is coming to the psych clinic tomorrow to be tested, I've spent a lot of time with my WISC manual preparing this week.  And am now I'm going to relax and get ready for bed, because you should always make sure you get a good night's rest before any major test... whether taking it or giving it! :)

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wish I could administer psychological-type assessments. I think they're fascinating. And super useful!

    ReplyDelete