Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Latest Project!!

Alright guys, time to share with you all my latest exciting adventure!  And explain why this blog has been neglected since NaBloPoMo ended on Nov. 30.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I LOVE rec therapy!  Seriously, I could talk about it for hours if you let me.  I'm always looking for new ideas to try and new activities to use at work.  I have boards on Pinterest just about rec therapy.

But, I've never found a resource that has a bunch of tried and true, easy to use activity ideas.  There on a blog here, or a website there, but nothing that has everything in one place.  So, I decided to start my own.  I enlisted the help of a few coworkers, and about two weeks ago opened the blog publicly.

The idea is that rec therapists/activity directors will submit one or two ideas every quarter, and I'll get them posted on the blog.  That way everyone is able to continually get new ideas to try out, and we support one another as we seek to further the profession.

The ideas also work for classroom activities, art projects, or just fun things to do with your kids.  So go check it out!  rectherapyideas.blogspot.com  Spread the word!  And let me know what you think - I would love comments or suggestions on how to make it even better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment