Monday, August 13, 2012

The One Where I've Been Home for Three Years!

Three years ago today, August 13, 2009, I came home from my mission.  How time flies!!  As I reflect on my life the last three years, I'm amazed at everything that I've done, learned and experienced.  It hasn't always been easy, but I have learned so much about me and the Lord's plan for me.  I am so grateful for the experiences I had in Sao Paulo, and the foundation it built for me.  Not a day goes by I don't think about the mission and the incredible people I met there!  Saudades!!

And now, some pictures from my last day in Brazil:

Sister Call, Sister Chamberlain, Sister Simmons and Sister McGary
The four of us all arrived at the MTC together and spent our missions together!  I was lucky enough to be companions with each of them at some point during the mission.  What a blessing!  We still keep in touch and I am so grateful for these girls!!

 Sabrina, Irma Silene, Sister Call, Bruno and Irmao Gilmar
Irma Silene lived next door to us in my last area (Campo de Fora).  She was wonderful!  She treated us like daughters and always took such good care of us--feeding us dinner after a long day, letting us wash her clothes there, and even painting our nails on p-day.  Her whole family was very supportive of us, and would help us any way they could!

Sister Call, Irma Sheila and Irmao Tarso
A wonderful family in my last area!  They were so involved in the ward and helped us out so much!  I loved doing divisions with Irma Sheila!  She was so kind and patient, and a true friend during a difficult transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment