Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ten on ... Saturday?

Ya, ya, the whole Ten on a Specific day hasn't been too successful this month... Oh well!  It's still happening on a weekly basis, and that's what really counts, right?

1.  Today was an AMAZING day!  Seriously, it has been lovely. I slept in (although, not as late as I would have liked--I guess this whole being up and out of the house by 8 every day is starting to stick), relaxed, and was SO productive.  My room is mostly clean, my laundry is mostly put away (there's still one load in the dryer),  and things are getting organized!  I went to the gym, and overall just had a nice day only worrying about and taking care of me!  I need more days off like this!

2.  My parents are coming next week!  I'm excited to see them again, and spend time together at my grandparents.

3.  I went shopping this week.  It probably wasn't the best thing to do, but Kohls was having a huge sale.  I ended up getting 3 pairs of work pants, a fleece jacket and a sweater--all for under $40!  I love me a good deal!

4.  My laptop has been so frustrating lately!  I've needed to replace the battery for a very long time, and just never did.  It got to the point where it wouldn't hold any charge, and then my charger/power cord/thing wouldn't even consistently work.  So I knew it was time, and ordered a new one last week.  It got here last night and it was wonderful to be able to not have to be plugged into a wall constantly!

5.  I feel like I've worked up at the RTC a lot lately... and it's been so fun!  As I try to figure out what I'm doing with my work schedules, I know I should probably quit up there--it's far away, it's not an RT job, and it doesn't pay so well.  But when I go work a shift and have so much fun, I just can't seem to actually convince myself to do it.  All those reasons don't seem to matter when I love what I do when I'm there!

6.  I was up in Salt Lake on Tuesday night, and so I randomly decided to go to institute.  My sister and I took a class up there on Tuesday nights during the summer, and then again during fall semester, so I was pretty sure Bro. Case would be teaching a class.  And he was, and it was fun to be at institute up there again.  Those were some pretty good classes, and sometimes I'm bummed that I live in Utah county again because I just can't seem to justify going up there for institute.

7.  I've been thinking how this week how quickly life can change so dramatically.  I said last week that one of my favorite songs is "A Little Bit Stronger" by Sara Evans.  Part of the chorus is "I know my heart will never be the same But I'm telling myself I'll be okay, Even on my weakest days I get a little bit stronger."  Every experience in our lives changes us, and if we let it our hearts will change as a result.  I studied a lot about a change of heart on my mission.  And over the last month I've come to realize that it's okay for our experiences--good, bad, hard, whatever--to change us.  That's what this life is for.  And we get stronger because of it.

8.  February is National TR month.  Can I just say how much I love therapeutic recreation?!?!?!  Seriously, it is the best thing I could be doing with my life right now.  I love the experiences I have with my patients and knowing how this process can change their lives.  And I can't wait for the URTA conference next month!

9.  I am really lucky to have such great roommates!  I don't see them very often, and we're all really busy, but I've noticed it's the little things that mean the most.

10.  Is anyone else ready for summer?  I realize we haven't really had a bad (aka snowy) winter, but lately we've had some really nice days...and it's making me excited for summer to be here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment