Saturday, March 26, 2011

An Update.... again....

Okay so I officially slack at this whole blogging thing. BUT I WILL DO BETTER!!! I WILL!!! I'm not sure when or how exactly, but I've decided that blogging is important and valuable and actually very therapeutic. And since I'm a therapeutic recreation major, I better start practicing what I learn in all those classes!

So let's see.... It's been what, 6 months since I've updated? What's happened??? More like what hasn't happened.... We'll do a list and if you want more details comment and we'll get into more exciting stories :)
  • Survived Fall semester
  • Did a massive research project regarding Mother's leisure satisfaction and the number of children they have
  • Took the GRE
  • Took a trip home to CA to look at grad schools
  • Had lots of fun with the roomies
  • Went to many football games
  • Spent a Saturday on campus.... something I DO NOT approve of.... hmph!
  • Spent lots and lots of time playing with the cutest two year old EVER!!! (In case I haven't mentioned this yet, I have the most adorable niece Marissa who I love to play with!!)
  • Hung out with my twin sister... so nice to have her living in the same state again
  • Continued to work at the Dean's office with amazing people
  • Was disappointed with the incoming winter, snow, snow and snow
  • Had a great Christmas break with family
  • Started Winter Semester.... yes, the last semester of classes!! Woo-hoo!!!
  • Realized that summer will come again and began enjoying fall
  • Fell in love with Therapeutic recreation all over again!!
  • Found an internship... at Primary Children's Psychiatric center
  • Met an adorable angel Tessa, one of my best girl friend's beautiful daughter
  • Visited with an old roommie before she entered the MTC
  • Witnessed the BYU Men's basketball team's DREAM SEASON
  • Decided not to get a master's degree right now.... but quite probably later... good thing that GRE score is valid for 5 years
  • Discovered that it is possible and even potentially enjoyable to eat gluten free
  • Remembered what a blast the mission was through Sisters nights, Brazilian lunches and a wonderful reunion with the Bradfords yesterday!!!
  • And so much more!!
I'm currently finishing up the last few weeks of my last semester of classes (which includes trying to stay motivated!). I'm looking for housing and am getting ready for an amazing internship this summer. And basically enjoying the end of my college life.... Kinda crazy that it's here, but good too. I'm having a blast with my ward and am soooo ready for the nice weather to come and stay!!

In short, life is busy. Life doesn't stop still.... And yet I don't think I would want it to. This way I'm always faced with new opportunities and challenges, and constantly have to ask myself what I can do better and differently.... Through it all, the ups and downs of life, I've realized that somehow, it always works out. I don't know how it will happen, but it will..... And that's good enough for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment