Friday, September 2, 2011

New Job

Okay, okay, I'm officially a slacker when it comes to this blog. Let's see...a lot has happened this summer and I wouldn't even know where to begin to catch up...so I'm just gonna skip ahead to today.

I started this week working as a Recreation Therapist at Telos, a treatment center for adolescent boys. It's going to be an awesome experience and I am super excited. I've only worked there 2 days, and still have a lot to learn, but am enjoying it so far. Today was pretty cool because I was in treatment team. (Side note - I love treatment team meetings! I think it's just so good to get everyone together and on the same page in terms of progress and goals, and you can learn so much by listening to everyone else who interacts with a particular student.) So I was sitting there and I realized, I'm a recreation therapist. Sure I'm not licensed yet, but I did it. This is what I've been working for in school for the last few years and I'm finally here. I'm a real rec therapist! It was such a cool moment, where I just kind of got lost in awe and the fact that I was able to accomplish this goal. It was such a good feeling, and I can't wait to really get started working with these boys.

It's gonna be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment