Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Quick catch up and on to 2013

Ya, I had great plans of posting a Christmas thing and a year in review and all that jazz.  My parents came out for Christmas and then we were struck with what we've affectionately named "the plague" and all those lofty plans flew out the window.  Having the flu at Christmas isn't fun.  But everyone having the flu just stinks.    But, it was still wonderful to be together and have my parents in town and see my sisters so much!

Anyways, those posts aren't going to happen, and it's time to just focus on 2013.  I feel like I should write the obligatory 2013 New Year's Resolution post, but I'm not going to.  I'm actually not making New Year's Resolutions.  Instead, I'm going to continue something I started in October.

In October, I went to a mission reunion.  (Which was amazing, by the way!)  Anyways, my mission president has always focused on setting and keeping goals and returning and reporting on those goals.  So at the reunion he taught us about his 10 in 90 program.  It was awesome.  Basically, it's a list of ten things (goals) that you will accomplish in the next 90 days (or 3 months).  Specific things, with a deadline!  And not something that you will evaluate in a year.  90 days is the perfect time.  So I started this in October, and it worked really well for me.  I include professional, social, spiritual and personal goals.  And now that it's January, it's time to make my new 10 in 90 list.

And no, I'm not going to post it here.  But I will share three of my items of focus for the next 90 days.  One is to read the entire Book of Mormon in these 90 days.  The other is to create a program and schedule for interns at my facility.  The other is to post more regularly on the blog.

What about you??  What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment